Volunteer with Us
Thank you for considering a volunteer position with the Hespeler Minor Softball Association.
As a non-profit organization, we rely heavily on the involvement of the people in the community in order to be successful. Without this involvement, we would not be able to run the league.
We are currently recruiting for the below positions:
Coaches are typically parents who have volunteered their time, energy, and patience so that teams can be brought together. Understanding that they are role models, coaches treat all those around them with respect and understanding. Coaches have many duties to perform. Here are some of the primary ones:
- Contact their players to notify them what team they’re on
- Keep all parents informed about game details – date, time, location
- Explain the rules and game fundamentals to their players
- Pick up and hold onto the teams equipment for the duration of the season
- Act in the best interest and well being of all players
- Do their best to make sure everyone is having fun – including themselves
Our division convenors are individuals who can commit to regularly attending scheduled games throughout the season. They act as the go between between the coaches, co-coaches and parents within their division. They attend the coaches meeting pre-season. Examples of issues requiring a convenor would be equipment issues and rules resolution.
The convenors are responsible for:
- Ensuring that all teams in their division have coaches and equipment
- Attending games to provide support to coaches or parents
- Providing first aid supplies in case of injury and contacting the President or Vice-President if emergency services are required
- Assisting the umpires if games need to be cancelled/re-scheduled due to inclement weather
- Settling any minor game related issues that arise and to bring larger ones to the attention of the league executive
- Attending weekly league executive meetings
- Supervising the handing out of medals on tournament weekend
Join our news letter!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.