Volunteer with Us
Thank you for considering a volunteer position with the Hespeler Minor Softball Association.
As a non-profit organization, we rely heavily on the involvement of the people in the community in order to be successful. Without this involvement, we would not be able to run the league.
We are currently recruiting for the below positions:
Coaches are typically parents who have volunteered their time, energy, and patience so that teams can be brought together. Understanding that they are role models, coaches treat all those around them with respect and understanding. Coaches have many duties to perform. Here are some of the primary ones:
- Contact their players to notify them what team they’re on
- Keep all parents informed about game details – date, time, location
- Explain the rules and game fundamentals to their players
- Pick up and hold onto the teams equipment for the duration of the season
- Act in the best interest and well being of all players
- Do their best to make sure everyone is having fun – including themselves
Convenors act as division co-coordinators. They do their best to keep the coaches informed and things running smoothly. They are hardworking, dedicated people who want to see the HMSA be successful for the sake of the players. Some of the convenors many responsibilities are outlined below:
Contact coaches, provide team lists and explain division rules
- Ensure that all teams in their division have coaches and equipment
- Attend games to provide support to coaches or parents
- Settle any minor game related issues that arise and to bring larger ones to the attention of the league executive
- Attend weekly league executive meetings
- Supervise the handing out of medals on tournament weekend
The primary function of the Grant Director is to seek out and apply to grants relevant to the HMSA
The primary function of the PR Director is the marketing and advertising of HMSA. This includes:
- Content for the Sports Xpress network
- The HMSA submission for the Cambridge Activity Guide
- Arranging the HMSA presence at community events including literature and volunteers
- Working with local news outlets to promote HMSA, including local sports radio
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please contact our president at firstname.lastname@example.org OR vice-president at email@example.com and click here to print our volunteer form.
Join our news letter!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.