Hespeler Minor Softball Association has been closely monitoring the current COVID-19 pandemic. Throughout the last several weeks, the Board of Directors have been having ongoing discussions about the impact of COVID-19 on our upcoming 2020 Spring Season. HMSA has been following the guidance of the City of Cambridge, Region of Waterloo, and more broadly, the guidance of public health officials when making these tough decisions.
As such, in order to follow the directives laid out by our public health officials, and to ensure we are doing our part in participating in social distancing, we have decided to postpone our Spring 2020 season.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this unique situation. We are unable, at this time, to make a commitment to any program, given the changing information we receive daily. As such, the Board has decided that, unfortunately, there will not be an Adult League for the Spring 2020 season.
The Board was very excited about this new venture and we do plan to pursue this exciting option by creating the inaugural Adult League for the Spring 2021 season, as we had intended to do this year.
At this time we are offering the following options for those of you who have already registered for the Adult League:
• Apply your paid registration to the Spring 2021 season
• A full refund, which would need to be requested through our registrar in writing (https://www.hmsoftball.com/program-info/refund-policy/)
If you have questions or concerns please contact any of the following:
Christy Lawryniuk - President at email@example.com
Leanne Laur - Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shona Majurey - Registrar at email@example.com
Steve Kennedy - Adult League Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to being a positive presence within our community and providing opportunities to develop fun, skills, and sportsmanship.
HMSA has always maintained a commitment to our families and will continue to do so. On behalf of the HMSA Executive Board, we wish you all the best during this time and look forward to seeing you soon.
Hespeler |Minor Softball Association
Our Under 14 select team season runs from March until August. This includes:
- Six weeks indoor training prior to the start of the season
- April: Weekly indoor conditioning sessions
- May - June: 4 nights a week (games and practices)
- July - August: 3 OASA sanctioned tournaments dates
- Pay a $300 select team fee
- Be a registered house league player
Select Team Advantages:
- extended season length
- additional games, practices
- opportunity to participate in tournaments
- advanced skills and abilities
- faster paced games and training schedule
- physical education and training
- indoor spring training
- improved mental and technical experience
Attributes we will be looking for in an ideal candidate will consist of the following:
- General knowledge & understanding the rules of the game
- Individual & team attitude
- Ability to focus & retain instructions
- Throwing accuracy & distance
- Batting & bunting abilities
- Self confidence & positive attitude
- Team player & commitment improving