Volunteer with Us
Thank you for considering a volunteer position with the Hespeler Minor Softball Association.
As a non-profit organization, we rely heavily on the involvement of the people in the community in order to be successful. Without this involvement, we would not be able to run the league.
We are currently recruiting for the below positions:
Convenors act as division co-coordinators. They do their best to keep the coaches informed and things running smoothly. They are hardworking, dedicated people who want to see the HMSA be successful for the sake of the players. Some of the convenors many responsibilities are outlined below:
- Create game schedules, team lists, and assign coaches
- Contact coaches, provide team lists and explain division rules
- Ensure that all teams in their division have coaches and equipment
- Attend games to provide support to coaches or parents
- Settle any minor game related issues that arise and to bring larger ones to the attention of the league executive
- Attend weekly league executive meetings
- Supervise the handing out of medals on tournament weekend
Coaches are typically parents who have volunteered their time, energy, and patience so that teams can be brought together. Understanding that they are role models, coaches treat all those around them with respect and understanding. Coaches have many duties to perform. Here are some of the primary ones:
- Contact their players to notify them what team they’re on
- Keep all parents informed about game details – date, time, location
- Explain the rules and game fundamentals to their players
- Pick up and hold onto the teams equipment for the duration of the season
- Act in the best interest and well being of all players
- Do their best to make sure everyone is having fun – including themselves
Special Events Coordinator
- Organizes a photographer to come for team and individual photos, sets up a schedule and coordinate the teams on the photo days
- Organizes distribution of the team and individual pictures
- Organizes food for ball weekend
- Organizes the Fun Fair for the Blastball and T-ball divisions
- Organizes and coordinates the Hespeler Santa Claus Parade and any other special events in the community
- Finds and organizes convenors through the season and ball weekend
- Works alongside the registrar, finds coaches and assistant coaches for each team in each division
- Is the go-to person for questions from volunteers
- Re-directs questions/issues to the appropriate executive members throughout the year and season as they arise
- Distributes team lists to convenors, or to coaches if there is no convenor for a particular division
- Once ball season starts, sends any information on late registrants by the registrar, and will add them to the appropriate team
- Helps coordinate equipment/t-shirt pick up before the season begins
- Helps coordinate the coaches’ meeting
Coach/Player Development Director
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please contact our president at firstname.lastname@example.org OR volunteer co-ordinator at email@example.com and click here to print our volunteer form.
Join our news letter!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.